Grapefruit Glut

| |



Before....

It dawned on me the other day that I have a LOT of citrus in the bowl on my kitchen island. I know we're eating it, but between the CSA and our backyard orange tree, the bowl hasn't emptied with tangelos, mandarins, oranges and grapefruit. This isn't a terrible problem to have, but while contemplating a Saturday night cocktail, the bowl of fruit caught my eye and I realized that I needed a recipe for citrus cocktails!

Online I go and, thanks to White on Rice Couple I was quickly inspired by their Salty Chihuahua recipe. Instead of their suggested tequila, I went with the traditional vodka and enjoyed fresh squeezed citrus in a martini glass! If you don't mind getting your hands a little sticky, this is a great way to get your vitamin C (and vodka!) for the day.

Squeeze one grapefruit into a cocktail shaker with ice, add two ounces of vodka, shake and pour into a salt rimmed glass. Cheers!

After!

0 comments:

Post a Comment