Buying renewable energy is super easy!

| |


I actually would not have believed that to be true. Don't I have to install solar panels on my roof for tens of thousands of dollars so that I can be "off the grid" or something like that? I always thought that it sounded great, but just not affordable or feasible for me. However, I learned last week that the City of Roseville offers the option to purchase green energy, specifically, wind and solar generated electricity from around Northern California for an extra 1.5 cents per kilowatt-hour. My husband and I went over every electric bill for the past year to figure out what that would cost us in an average month. Based on our last 12 months electricity use, it would be an extra $13/month to purchase clean, green energy. What a deal!


I think we also get a little yard sign that says that we purchase green energy which should be a conversation starter in the neighborhood as well. From what I understand, every time someone signs up for the program, it adds renewable energy into the city's "pipeline" and reduces non-renewable energy. Therefore, the more people and businesses that sign up, the more of the overall city energy will be renewable allowing them to put more solar panels on city buildings for even more green energy. I'm sold!

0 comments:

Post a Comment