Garden Bloggers Bloom Day - February

| |

This is my first Garden Bloggers Bloom Day to participate in, although not for lack of interest in the past on my part. The 15th of the month just always seems to come and go and I forget about getting out in the yard to take pictures until everyone else's wonderful posts show up in my feed at which point I figure I'll just wait until next month. Well, I've finally remembered - and it doesn't hurt that it's a beautiful, sunny holiday that has me hanging out on the patio, encouraging me to take some photos! So, here's what's blooming in my Zone 14 garden today:





I have three Camellias that came with the house. One has finished blooming already and the other two are just getting started. Camellias are a big part of Sacramento history although the long-running Camellia festival is now defunct, but you can still see them blooming everywhere this time of year and I like having a little piece of that in my yard too.









My little Meyer Lemon has been blooming like crazy and the local hummingbirds have been enjoying it too. I hope this means lots of lemons in my future!











Lots of blooms on my earlier blooming azaela - the other two don't bloom until April or May.








Uh, yeah...still alive. I finally had to move it outside - it just didn't look right on my dining room table anymore, but I just don't have the heart to throw it out. So instead, I'll let it die a slow death here on the patio.







And two of the newbies from this weekend's trip to Green Acres, one of two Hellebores I picked up and a pretty little Bleeding Heart to mix into the rocks around the pond.

Now, I'm off to enjoy more of this beautiful "spring" weather!















0 comments:

Post a Comment